DeskHaus Desk Limited Warranty
We and our manufactures stand behind the products offered. Should you have any issues please contact us.
SHIPPING DAMAGE AND MANUFACTURING DEFECTS CLAIMS MUST BE MADE WITHIN THREE DAYS OF RECEIVING YOUR ORDER.
Applicable Warranty Periods
- Custom Solid Wood Surfaces
- HPL Surfaces
- Powdercoat Surfaces
- Byrne Power Products
- Interstulh Seating
DeskHaus Desk Warranty Exclusions
The product warranty is valid for the original purchaser of the product only and is non-transferable.
This warranty does not apply to:
- Normal wear and tear that occurs with use over time
- Products delivered outside of the United States and Canada
- Above single-shift use (translation: 8 hours per day, 5 days per week). Warranty periods are reduced proportionally for above single shift use (translation: double-shift use will reduce a 10 year warranty to 5 years)
- Wood products that experience natural shifting of color over time or due to light exposure
- Damage caused by improper assembly or disassembly, improper cleaning supplies, customer modifications, abuse, or force majeure, such as fire, hurricanes or floods, use of a product in combination with items not appropriate for that product, misuse, abuse
The wood surface come with a 1-year warranty.
Our tops are made of solid wood and with that comes certain irregularities like knots for instance. These knots are different from one wood slab to another and this trait is one of the many traits that give solid wood its uniqueness. Therefore, the warranty does not apply to the wood grain but is limited to the defect in material and in workmanship. Material and workmanship defects include cracks on the usable surface that can affect the surface’s integrity and the clear separation of wood planks at the seams of the usable surface. It’s important to note that wood is a living material that does not stay still during its lifetime. It is possible that small irregularities appear under the surface or on the sides because of temperature changes or sun exposure.
At the reception of our product, it’s your responsibility to inspect the usable surface of the wooden top for defects in material and workmanship. The surface will be deemed clear of any defects if no issues are revealed by your inspection 3 days after you received the table top. Afterward, any minor cracks or irregularities is deemed to be resulting from the natural movement of the wood.
Please note that solid wood is subject to:
- Variations in the wood grain (as mentioned above).
- A slight change of color over time.
- Minor cracks and irregularities due to normal wood movement.
- Slight bending, if the room temperature the surface is placed in is subject to variations of temperature and/or humidity.
- Scratches if a sharp object is used on the surface of the table, without any protective intermediary surface.
* These situations are not covered by the warranty
Warranty covers parts only and does not include labor costs.
The cost of repairing or replacing other property damaged in the event of a DeskHaus product malfunctioning (consequential damages) and the cost of lost time or loss of use of your desk (incidental damages) are not recoverable under this warranty.
1.You shall ship, at your expense and risk of loss, the allegedly Nonconforming Product to Deskhaus' facility designated for inspection and testing by Deskhaus. Any returned Product must be properly packaged, with the RMA clearly displayed on the outside of the packaging, to obtain warranty service.
2. If Deskhaus' inspection and testing reveals, to Deskhaus' reasonable satisfaction, that such allegedly Nonconforming Product(s) are nonconforming and/or defective, and any such nonconformance or defect has not been caused or contributed to by any of the “Exclusion Factors” described below, Deskhaus shall, in its sole discretion, and at its expense, (a) repair or replace the Nonconforming Product, or (b) credit or refund the price of the Nonconforming Product, less any applicable discounts, rebates, or credits.
3.If Deskhaus exercises its option to repair or replace a Nonconforming Product, Deskhaus shall, after receiving your shipment of Nonconforming Product(s), ship to you, at your expense and risk of loss, the repaired or replaced Products to the delivery location designated by you.
4. If Deskhaus elects to repair or replace a Nonconforming Product, Deskhaus owns the replaced Nonconforming Product, and Deskhaus owns all parts removed from a repaired Product. Deskhaus uses new and reconditioned parts made by various manufacturers in conjunction with warranty repairs and replacement Products. Repair parts or replacement Products may, at Deskhaus' option, include an equal or better model or features.
Please keep all packaging materials until you have assembled, installed, and used all ordered items in the event that you notice any damage to your items or you decide to return any items within the approved return period. All returned products must be in the original packaging.
This Limited Warranty does not apply to Products affected by any of the following conditions (the “Exclusion Factors”):
- Abuse, unreasonable use, mistreatment, or neglect
- Improper testing, improper installation, improper storage, or improper handling
- Unusual physical or electrical stress, power fluctuations, or abnormal environmental condition
- Damage caused by use of the Product contrary to any instructions issued by Deskhaus
- Damage caused by the equipment or system with which the Product is used
- Damage caused by use with any third-party goods, hardware, or other product that has not been previously approved in writing by Deskhaus
- Damage caused by modification or repair not made or authorized by Deskhaus
- Products that are determined to be stolen or damaged by an act of God
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE, NON-TRANSFERABLE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. Deskhaus SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE, AS TO THE PRODUCTS OR ANY OTHER MATTER WHATSOEVER. IN PARTICULAR, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, Deskhaus SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
No Deskhaus distributor, reseller, dealer, agent or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension or addition to this Limited Warranty. No oral or written information or advice given by Deskhaus or its agents will create a warranty or increase the scope of this Limited Warranty.
DESKHAUS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES HOWEVER CAUSED AND WHETHER OR NOT Deskhaus WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, DOWNTIME, GOODWILL, DAMAGE OR REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, AND ANY LEGAL COSTS OF RECOVERY. Deskhaus’S LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, ITS STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS, SALE OR USE OF PRODUCTS, OR CUSTOMER’S RELATIONSHIP WITH Deskhaus, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS COMBINED, WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE FOR THE PRODUCT AND SERVICES PROVIDED. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This Statement of Limited Warranty shall be exclusively interpreted in accordance with the English language with the meaning of its terms. Should a translation of this Limited Warranty deviate from the English language version, only the English language version shall apply and be binding.